Dunedin is a small, not for profit, development swimming club run by a management committee who meet on a regular basis.
- Provide the best possible environment to support our swimmers in realising their potential
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for all our swimmers taking into account relevant child protection guidelines
- Apply recognised best practise in swimmer development
- Treat each swimmer as an individual
- Encourage swimming within the local community by offering high quality swimming lessons
- Promote swimming as a life long activity
- Our swimmers are at the centre of everything we do
- Good technique is key to improving performance and reducing the likelihood of injury.
- A strong team identity helps to motivate swimmers to achieve their potential
- Goal setting is a key part of swimmer development. We will encourage the swimmers in setting realistic goals and monitor their progress in achieving these.
- Each swimmer will be treated as an individual and will have regular individual reviews with a member of the coaching team.
- Organising swimmers into small squads of similar ability allows for a more focused training program
- We will invest in our coaching team to ensure their continuing development and help them build their expertise.
- Training and competing has to be fun.
- Taking part in competitions improves motivation and performance
- As a club applying best practise is key to achieving our aims.